Modifying A Modem Connection In MacOS X 10.4
Document ID 644
This document will help you to modify a dial-up connection in Mac OSX 10.4. This may be useful when you change your NetID password, as you will also need to change your password for your modem's "Remote Access" connection.
Modifying a Dial-Up Internet Connection in MacOS X 10.4
The following information is needed to modify a dial-up Internet connection in Mac OSX 10.4:
- Account Name: Your NetID
- Password: Your NetID Password
- Telephone Number: 8623800
1. Go to the Apple Menu and select System Preferences [fig. 01].
[fig. 01 - System Preferences]
2. In the "Internet & Network" category, select Network [fig. 02].
[fig. 02 - Network]
3. In the "Network" window, for "Show", select Internal Modem [fig. 03].
[fig. 03 - Internal Modem]
4. Select the PPP tab. For "Service Provider", enter an optional descriptive name(i.e. TAMU or INTERNET). In the "Account Name" field enter your NetID, in the "Password" field enter your NetID password, and in the "Telephone Number" field enter 8623800 [fig. 04].
[fig. 04 - PPP options]
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call us at 979-845-8300.