Changing the Default Email Program in Windows XP
Document ID 827
You can change the program Windows XP uses to handle email through the Set Program Access and Defaults menu. Sometimes this menu is linked directly from the Start Menu, but you can also access it through the Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Open the Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Open "Add or Remove Programs"
- Select Set Program Access and Defaults in the sidebar.
- Click the radio button next to Custom, and click the expand button directly to the right (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Select "Set Program Access and Defaults"
- Select your preferred email program and click OK
Figure 4: Select Your Preferred Email Program