Activating Texas A&M Email (Neo) Accounts
Document ID 906
After creating your NetID you may be eligible for a Texas A&M Email (Neo) account located at https://email.tamu.edu/. To be eligible, you must be:
A faculty member
A currently enrolled student
A staff member whose department has an agreement with CIS to provide email access
There are two email addresses associated with your Net ID username: "YourNetID@tamu.edu" and "YourNetID@neo.tamu.edu."
This email address has the option to forward messages to another email account or storing the messages on Texas A&M Email (Neo) or returning them to the sender. This means that any email sent to email@example.com will be handed off by the Texas A&M mail server to which ever destination you have chosen for the account.
This email address is your core Texas A&M email, it is the official address given by the school so that important official emails are guaranteed to be delivered. The inbox is REQUIRED for students but depending on your affiliation may or may not be given to staff/faculty. If you are a staff or faculty member the only way to know if you have a current inbox or are elligible for one is to call the Help Desk Central.
If you are a staff/faculty member and are eligible for a "@neo Texas A&M" email you must activate the account by following the steps below.
1. Go to the Aggie Computing Gateway and click Edit Your Account Information.
2. Log in with your NetID and your Net ID password.
3. Click the Edit button next to the "Texas A&M Email (Neo) Box Status:" section.
4. Select Active and will be stored on Texas A&M Email (Neo).
5. Click Save.
6. You may change any other directory options if you wish.
7. Click Logout at the bottom on the page when finished.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 979.845.8300.