tamulink-WPA for iPhone and iPod Touch
Document ID 878
There are two different methods available to connect to the tamulink-wpa wireless network on your iPhone or iPod Touch. The first method is to allow your iPhone or iPod Touch to automatically configure the tamulink-wpa profile by clicking the provided link on your device. The second method is to connect manually to tamulink-wpa through Settings on your device. Follow the appropriate instructions for your desired action.
Both of these methods will allow you to connect to the tamulink-wpa when the network is in range and available as long as you possess an active NetID and NetID password.
The following information is needed to set up tamulink-wpa wireless network on your iPhone or iPod Touch:
- iPhone or iPod Touch
- Username: Your NetID
- Password: Your NetID password
Method 1: Automatically Connecting to tamulink-wpa
To automatically configure tamulink-wpa, click here using Safari on your mobile device and do the following:
1. After following the link above, you will be presented with an "Install Profile" screen. Click Install [fig. 01].
[fig. 01 - Install Profile Screen]
2. You will now be prompted with an "Install Profile" task box. Click Install Now [fig. 02].
[fig. 02 - Install Profile Now]
3. You will now be asked to "Enter Username". Enter your NetID. Click Next [fig. 03].
[fig. 03 - Entering Username]
4. You will now be asked to "Enter Password". Enter your NetID password. Click Next [fig. 04].
[fig. 04 - Entering Password]
5. You will now see the "Profile Installed" screen with the verified TAMU tamulink-wpa profile. Click Done and you have connected successfully to tamulink-wpa [fig. 05].
[fig. 05 - Profile Installed]
Method 2: Manually Connecting to tamulink-wpa
1. Click the Settings button on your iPhone's home screen to go to the "Settings" menu [fig. 06].
[fig. 06 - Settings]
2. You will be presented with the "Settings" menu. Click Wi-Fi [fig. 07].
[fig. 07 - Wi-Fi Options]
3. You will now be presented with the "Wi-Fi" menu. Make sure your Wi-Fi is switched On. You will now see a list of available network choices. Click tamulink-wpa (NOT tamulink-guest) [fig. 08].
[fig. 08 - tamulink-wpa Network]
4. You will now be asked to "Enter Password" [fig. 09].
[fig. 09 - Enter Password]
5. Enter your NetID and your NetID password. Click Join in the upper right of the screen [fig. 10].
[fig. 10 - Entering Information]
6. You will now be presented with a "Certificate" screen Click Accept [fig. 11].
[fig. 11 - Accpeting Certificate]
7. You have now manually connected to tamulink-wpa. To verify your connection, look for a check mark next to "tamulink-wpa" under the list of available connections [fig. 12].
[fig. 12 - Connection Verification]
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call us at 979-845-8300.