Setting Up TAMULink-WPA for Windows Vista
Document ID 763
TAMULink-WPA is a new wireless network that allows for greater flexibility and security when accessing the campus wireless network. WPA utilizes the 802.1x wireless technology. This document will detail how to configure Windows Vista to connect to this network.
After successfully completing the steps outlined here, you should need to supply a user name and password (if applicable) to connect to tamulink-wpa in the future.
- If you connected to the Tamulink-WPA network before March 10, 2008 you will want to simply delete the existing wirless connection and start over. If you have never connected before, please skip to the next section.
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel and select Network and Internet (Figure 1).
- Select Network and Sharing Center (Figure 2).
- On the left-hand Tasks pane, choose 'Manage Wireless Networks.' Then click 'Remove' to delete the old connection.Fig. 3: Removing WPA Connection
- Close this box, and go to the next section.
- Look at the bottom-right corner of your Desktop. Right-click on the wireless icon, and choose 'Connect to a network.' Highlight tamulink-wpa and press 'Connect.'Fig. 4: Selecting Tamulink-WPA
- You should be prompted to enter additional information. Choose the first option.Fig. 5: Prompt for Additional Information
- Enter in your NetID for the user name and your Password (Figure 6) and press 'OK.'
Note: Make sure to enter your NetID in all lowercase characters.
- You will be prompted for additional information again; the screen should look exactly like Figure 5 above. Choose the first option, and press 'OK' at the 'Validate Server Certificate' message.Fig. 7: Validating Server Certificate
- After a few seconds, you should get a screen that says you have successfully connected.Fig. 8: Successful Connection
At this point, you should have a valid IP Address and be able to surf the internet normally as you would with a wired Ethernet connection from on-campus. You do not need to sign out of this network when shutting down your computer or putting it to sleep. When you turn on your computer or wake it from sleep, it will attempt to automatically connect to this network. You may be prompted for your NetID and password to reconnect, but you will not need to alter any settings.
For further assistance, please contact Help Desk Central any time by calling (979)845-8300 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.