Make the eLearning Site a Trusted Site on Your Browser
Document ID 941
A trusted site is a website that you trust not to damage your computer. Designating a site as a trusted site will make it easier to download contents without being prompted. To ensure that the eLearning site works properly with your Web browser, it is recommended that you add the TAMU eLearning site to your browser's list of trusted sites.
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. Choose Internet Options under the "Tools" menu located at the top right of your browser window [fig. 01].
[fig. 01 - Internet Options]
2. Select the Security Tab [fig. 02].
[fig. 02 - Security Tab]
3. Click on the Trusted Sites and then the Sites button [fig. 03].
[fig. 03 - Trusted Sites, then Sites]
4. Type http://elearning.tamu.edu in the text area labeled "Add this Web site" to the zone. Then click on Add. Make sure that you uncheck "Require server verificantion (https:) for all sites in this zone" [fig. 04].
[fig. 04 - Add This Web Site]
5. Once the eLearning site is added click on OK. The eLearning site has been added as a trusted site on your "Internet Explorer" browser.
For Firefox 3.0 Users:
1. On a PC, from the "Tools" menu select Options [fig. 05].
[fig. 05 - Options]
2. On a Mac, click on Firefox at the top left of the screen, and select Preferences [fig. 06].
[fig. 06 - Preferences]
3. Select the Security tab and then press the Exceptions button at the top right of the "pop-up screen" [fig. 07].
[fig. 07 - Security Tab]
4. Type http://elearning.tamu.edu in the box labeled "Address" [fig. 08].
[fig. 08 - Type in Address]
5. Click Allow. The eLearning site is now added as a trusted site on your Firefox browser.
For Firefox 4.0 and 5.0 Users
1. Click on the Firefox button at the top, then Options, then click Options again [fig. 09]
[fig. 09 - Click Options]
2. On the "Security" tab and then press the Exceptions button at the top right of the pop-up screen [fig. 10].
[fig. 10 - Exceptions]
3. Type http://elearning.tamu.edu in the box labeled "Address" [fig. 11].
[fig. 11 - Type Address]
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 979-845-8300.